Glad Group’s accredited Integrated Business Management Systems (IBMS) underpins all aspects of the Glad business combining functions relating to the quality of the service, work health and safety standards and environmental management.
Our IBMS is designed to support and continuously improve our integrated property services model, in compliance with relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, and to the applicable standards.
Our approach on Modern Slavery
Glad Group recognises the importance of a Modern Slavery Statement and protecting human rights. Glad Groups management of modern slavery risks falls within its overall approach to protecting human rights. The foundation documents for human rights protection are the Company’s Code of Conduct and Company Charter.
Through contractual arrangements and procurement principles, consultants, agents, contractors and suppliers are required to comply with the Code of Conduct and Company Charter. The Company’s standard terms and conditions also require minimum standards in ethical business practices, safety and environment, be met.
Glad Group’s approach to modern slavery is in two parts, firstly to ensure that our conditions of employment and those of our direct contractors are fair and equitable.
Moreover, we will take actions to understand our supply chain by working closely with our suppliers to understand the sources of the various consumable products and machinery that we buy to assure ourselves that we are not supporting conditions of modern slavery.
We have in-depth systems in place to:
- Identify and assess potential risk areas in our supply chains;
- Mitigate the risk of slavery and human trafficking occurring in our supply chains;
- Monitor potential risk areas in our supply chains;
- Protect whistle blowers.
To view our Code of Conduct, click here.
To view our Company Charter, click here.
Our approach to Reconciliation
From Glad Group’s early days up to this very moment, we’ve built a strong community. We couldn’t do all of this without the Glad family and the people that keep us going, so we think it is only right we give back to our wider community. Glad Group has proudly supported many charities and community initiatives as part of our corporate social responsibility, and now want to extend this work further to include specific strategies to work with and support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and communities, and to learn more about the oldest continuing culture and people in the world.
Glad Group is committed in working with Indigenous and Disadvantaged Communities. We have formalised our RAP (Reconciliation Action Plan) in partnership with AES (Aboriginal Employment Strategy).
Glad Group believes it is essential to support and enrich the Indigenous communities in which we operate. Through our people and our partnerships, we aim to promote equality for all Australians. We recognise that this is not the reality for many Indigenous Australians, who face significant social, economic and financial disadvantage. To view our RAP, click here and to view the performance of our RAP to date, click here.
Our approach to Sustainability
We understand that each interaction made with our clients’ properties, contributes to how they perceive you. In turn, that perception goes a long way in shaping how successful our clients are.
We recognise the value of sustainability in business by:
- Positioning ourselves to consumers and investors as a forward-thinking company
- Initiating a “green marketing” strategy
- Highlighting our ability to align sustainability in business with profitability
With aligned goals, shared data and strategies, Glad Group site teams are trained to play their part in meeting our client’s vision and targets.
- Our sustainable drivers:
- Environmental sustainability: Plan, Do, Check and Act are the framework of our environmental policy that focus on
- Social sustainability: We are building strong relationships based on respect for what communities and employees value
- Sustainability expert and technical advisors: We consult with sustainability expert and technical advisors who provide advice on Glad Group’s approach to energy, emissions, water, and waste and supply chain management.