Australia is one of the most multicultural societies in the world, and many of its organisations have goals to create a more diverse workforce.
Harmony Day is about inclusiveness, respect and belonging for all Australians, regardless of cultural or linguistic background, united by a set of core Australian values.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to Glad Group’s culture and core values, and the diversity of our employees is part of what makes us exceptional. It is because of initiatives such as Harmony Day, that we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workforce where people can feel comfortable and be themselves, and as a result be productive and high performing.
Glad Group strives to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Glad Group endeavours to:
- Treat all Workers fairly, equally and with respect when decision are made;
- Provide a working environment that is free from discrimination, bullying and harassment;
- Provide an effective procedure for complaints;
- Treat all complaints in a sensitive, fair, timely and confidential manner;
- Provide protection from any unlawful victimisation or reprisals;
- Provide fair access to workplace opportunities and benefits;
- Encourage the reporting of behaviour which breaches this policy; and
- Promote appropriate standards of conduct.
Having been in business for more 30 years, Glad Group realise the only way to continue to be industry leaders in an increasingly competitive market is to cultivate an engaged, satisfied and productive workforce.
Embracing this philosophy is not only integral for building a sustainable and successful business, but also enables us to support our employees in a number of different ways. Guaranteeing continued employment and ongoing opportunities for our workers ensures growth and reward for everyone involved with Glad Group.